Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Random iPod Song: Das EFX - They Want EFX

So for the inaugural "song from the past that came up on shuffle today" entry, I give you Das EFX's They Want EFX.

This is, not surprisingly, the only track I have by Das EFX, which is still together and still maintains, according to Wikipedia, a cult following. I can attest to them still performing as recently as a couple of years ago, as promo posters for one of their shows creeped up around Prague one week. R. and I found it quite amusing. (We chose not to attend).

Other than that, I know nothing about them, so as I was walking around Hoboken this evening, I came up with a phony backstory involving some sort of social experiment proving that you could pretty much say anything in a song as long as you have a good enough beat. People were asked to devise the most ridiculous, random, asinine lyrics they could think of and then the lines were strung together and performed. In case you've forgotten (or never heard the song at all, God help you), these are the lyrics. Really, I'm not kidding:

Bum stiggedy bum stiggedy bum, hon, I got the old pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
But I can fe-fi-fo-fum, diddly-bum, here I come
So Peter Piper, I'm hyper than Pinocchio's nose
I'm the supercalafragilistic tic-tac pro
I gave my oopsy, daisy, now you've got the crazy
Crazy with the books, googley-goo where's the gravy?
So one two, unbuckle my, um, shoe
Yabba doo, hippity-hoo, crack a brew
So trick or treat, smell my feet, yup I drippedy-dropped a hit
So books get on your mark and spark that old censorship
Drats and double drats, I smiggedy-smacked some whiz kids
The boogedy-woogedly Brooklyn boys about to get his, dig
My waist bone's connected to my hip bone
My hip bone's connected to my thigh bone
My thigh bone's connected to my knee bone
My knee bone's connected to my hardy-har-har-har
The jibbedy-jabber jaw ja-jabbing at your funny bone, um
Skip the Ovaltine, I'd rather have a Honeycomb
Or preferably the sesame, lets spiggedy-spark the blunts, um
Dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun
And that's just the first verse.

And, if only to prove that you can find anything on YouTube these days, here's the video.

No comments: