Monday, October 09, 2006

Bread, Love and Cha-Cha-Cha

File Under: Records I Play

Just in case you think I am only using the word "record" to sound hip - which is, don't get me wrong, exactly what I'm trying to do - I finally got my lovely birthday turntable set up in my new Hoboken digs. I have a thirty-year-old stereo with horrid speakers that crap out every couple of songs, but listening to Computer World on vinyl, while playing it simultaneously in iTunes, makes me the happiest geek on Madison Street.



Spin the black circle!



"Inside you, the time moves, but she don't fade..."



So now I'll have to write reviews of all the records I've picked up at flea markets but never actually listened to because my parents' record player was broken. The first one I should write about is "Bread, Love and Cha-Cha-Cha" which I was just dancing around the room to. It's better even than I had imagined it from the album art (yes, that's a giant loaf of bread smoking a cigarette and wearing a beret). And once we get a couch, you can come over and listen to it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DO YOU HAVE A COUCH YET??? I want to see you.

This is Liz