Tuesday, December 26, 2006

2006 Album of the Year: Nos. 10-4

I will announce the winner of RIB's 2006 Album of the Year on the blog tomorrow night/early Thursday morning. For now, here are Nos. 10 through 4, with videos - be they live, promotional or fan-made:

10. My Brightest Diamond - Bring Me the Workhorse



9. Figurines - Skeleton



8. Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit



7. The Long Winters - Putting the Days to Bed



6. Bob Dylan - Modern Times



5. The Mountain Goats - Get Lonely



4. Joanna Newsom - Ys



That, of course, leaves three from my original list of ten nominees: The Decemberists' "The Crane Wife", Shearwater's "Palo Santo" and 2003 MAOTY winner Bonnie 'Prince' Billy's "The Letting Go". Which one will top the list? My two or three regular readers wait with baited breath (if I'm lucky)!

UPDATE: Nos. 3-1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see what the number one album is! I am routing for The Decemberists which means they probably won't win because you like to do the exact opposite of what I want. Usually just to annoy me, but that is one of the reasons I love you;)I was glad to see that my least favorite album did not make the top 3, her screeching voice drives me crazy!!

Anonymous said...

i feel inclined to note that TLW do have a "real" video:
Fire Island:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtIQgX6cj9k