Monday, January 08, 2007

Hey! No Cars Go

Arcade Fire has announced the tracklist and cover art (see right) for Neon Bible. There's also a stream of the first single, Black Mirror, available on the band's Web site (it's in Win's scrapbook).

I have to admit, I am not overly impressed with either Intervention (see earlier post) or Black Mirror, but I am withholding final judgement until I own the record and I am still excited. What struck me most about the tracklist was that No. 10 is No Cars Go, which currently is my favorite Arcade Fire song, at least the one on their debut EP. Will this be the same recording? I sure hope not. Hopefully, like The Long Winters' recent instant classic Ultimatum, it will be as good if not better than the original EP version.

We'll see on March 6.

UPDATE: There's a snippet of No Cars Go in this teaser video, along with bits and pieces of other songs.

No comments: