Monday, April 02, 2007

Bjork's Actual Artwork for Volta


Yes, indeed. And no, it's not April 1 anymore.

You can read more about it at Pitchfork. To me, it looks like a soda bottle with feet. Or, even better, like one of these with feet:


But here's where I piss Bjork haters off: I like it. I am not only still psyched about Volta, I am even more stoked about it now. Why? Because, like Bjork says in the Pitchfork interview, the bright colors (and comic elements) are a real contrast to her last several albums (re: every one since Post) and represents a thematic change as well. To me, that's refreshing. A fun, danceable Bjork album sounds just about perfect.

2 comments:

Derek said...

I love Bjork. She could put out an album of fart noises and I'd dig it. She is a magical elf.

Matthew said...

That's what I used to think about R.E.M. But then they actually DID release an album of fart noises and I realized that maybe I didn't love them as much as I thought.