Monday, September 18, 2006

Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

(Or, if you buy it from iTunes like I did, I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your A*s).

There are any number of reasons why I've decided to remain in Hoboken. It could be the neighborhood. It could be Arthur's Steakhouse. Or Tunes. Or India on the Hudson. Or the Manhattan views. Or could it be the slightest chance that I'll run into Ira and Georgia again on the PATH, wheeling their bikes onto the train at 2 a.m.?

Actually, it's the proximity to work that was the biggest selling point. It had nothing whatsoever to do with Yo La Tengo. Still, they do help make Hobo cool and, after approximately 721 albums, they still kick major ass.

I've only had time to sample this one so far, but I'm already in love with Beanbag Chair, which I've actually had for a few months now, and that fun little sound in the background of Black Flowers, which I was air-pianoing earlier this evening. I am one of the rare Summer Sun devotees, but I can already tell this one has more range. And let me know if The Weakest Part reminds you a bit of Sesame Street. Either way, I love it. Released: September 12, 2006. PATRIOTIC.

Not from the new album, but, as a Mr. Show fan, a must-see classic:

No comments: