Sunday, March 18, 2007

Vinyl Bonus Track of the Week: Shooting Star (sketch) - The Innocence Mission

My vinyl copy of We Walked in Song arrived this week, with the far superior paper-cutouts artwork. (And since I use the vinyl art in iTunes, the CD artwork basically no longer exists in my world.)

I have a nice little collection of IM vinyl - including my Holy Grail, the ultra-rare Tending the Rose Garden EP - and this one I would have bought regardless of the fact that it contains a bonus track, Shooting Star (sketch). Shooting Star is the perfect little gem of a bonus track. Short, sweet, just what you want in a song that you and five other people will ever hear. (Sort of like We Walked in Song, the album.)

The lyrics, about the frequent IM theme of watching a loved one go away, contain the chorus, "Wherever you go, it's too far/You're a shooting star".

Now all I have to do is find a way to get it on my iPod.

(By the way, according to the packaging, the vinyl was pressed in the Czech Republic. I wonder where exactly. Hmmm.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,i from taiwan.(the place where speck chinese )
I like the song (innocence mission-shooting star.)
but my listening not well,and not sure about the lyrics.>0<"
May i ask for the full lyrics?
I will appreciate if you can send me it.:D